See what I made out of this.
2 old Halloween shirts I bought 2 years ago for .99 each that have been worn a lot and are starting to get too small. I shirt I got for free (my ward had a trading table type of thing. I brought about 7 tubs full to get rid of, and only came home with 1 full in return, so not too bad for me! Most of what I came home with is clothing to recon.) Some dinosaur fabric I got last year when it was on sale 40% off and my friend who works at that store let me use her 30% employee discount. Cameron has been eyeing it in my stash for so long, and keeps begging me to make him a blanket out of it. Well since Kathryn is making my kids some amazing blankets I thought I could turn it into something else. Oh the fleece in the background was going to line the shirt to make it more of a sweatshirt, but I decided not to do that yet.
So here it is. the reason why the sleeves are striped is because there was writing on the shirt, so I had to be a little creative, but I wanted to work with what I had.
I used this pattern- Raglan Hoodies to which I added a pocket to break up the pattern in front. I have about 7 more of these to make. These instructions are amazing. These are not like anything you will find in a store. You can actually follow these. They are very clear and explain in detail and have pictures of each of the steps. They also go very into detail about working with knits, which with the exception of hemming a fleece blanket once, this was my first time working with them, and with her explanations it was super easy. I definitely recommend this pattern, Carla is an amazing pattern writer.