Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Flight - Disneyland Trip part one

Every other year or so we have a Leavitt family reunion at Disneyland. We went last week, and it was so much fun, I cant wait to go back.

So after the mad rush to pack everything we got a few hours of sleep before we had to wake up and get ready for our flight Wednesday morning.
We left the house about 8 a.m. following Eric to his work to drop off his truck. After a quick stop for breakfast it was off to the airport. We got there a little later than I had hoped so we dropped off our check in luggage with the SkyCap guys, and Heather and I took the kids and our carry-ons to start heading through security while the guys parked our cars in the furthest parking lot available (aka cheapest.)
Now usually whenever we have gone to the airport to drop off or pick up someone, there has never been a line- This was not the case today however. The line was about an hour long and even then the guys just barely got there before our turn came to have to take practically everything off and everything out of bags so they could inspect it all. After about a half hour we finally made it through the security check point and it was a mad dash to our gate as the plane was supposed to leave in less than 5 minutes. we made it there in time for the final boarding call, and somewhat hectically got everyone and everything on the plane.
The flight was pretty uneventful, we got to see Las Vegas as we flew over it and show the boys that is where Grandma and Grandpa lives- they thought it was cool to see everything look so small. I had made the kids Disney coloring books that I put in 3 ring binders, bought cheapy little handheld games and downloaded a couple of shows onto my phone to keep them entertained. Adelle sat next to Heather and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (her favorite show) and Little Einsteins. Cameron sat next to Eric, and got to color and bug his Uncle the entire time. Ryan especially liked flying, every few minutes he would look up at Jeremy and say- "I love you Dad" "Thanks for flying on an airplane!" Kenadee was even pretty good and I only had to feed her 2 times to keep her from crying (it was nap time and she wanted to be nursed to sleep.)
After we arrived it took us a few tries of loading and unloading the elevator to get to the right floor. We then waited for awhile in the wrong section for our shuttle that took us to the rental car place. After missing the first shuttle because of this we finally called and asked where we were supposed to go and what shuttle we were looking for, and finally ended up in the right place like 45 minutes later.
We used Google Maps on my phone to give us step by step directions from LAX to Disneyland, and it was great! Easy to follow directions and being able to see the map and our current location on there saved us from getting lost, and was a big improvement on how we usually get to Disneyland- (10 car motorcade where the leading car doesnt really know where they are going and gets over at the last minute so they wont exit and by the time you realize it you have already taken the exit so they have to wait for you, and then because you are the last car and the person in front of you isnt very good at following you get lost and have to call the leading person to ask where to go, etc...)
We got to our hotel (Canturbury Inn) across from the Park, unpacked changed into warmer weather clothing (we came from around 30 degrees to around 75- big difference!) and went to the beach.

No comments: