Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Monster Hoodies

So I saw these and thought that my boys would totally love them. But $50 for a cheap hoodie for a 6 year old? NO WAY am I paying that. Plus they looked a little flimsy- only 1 layer of felt. I thought I could totally make some myself. Easy peasy! The teeth are 2 layers sewn together and topstitched to get a more professional look. I had a hard time deciding on what kind of monster eyes to do though. I didnt want to do the googaly eyes, because I didnt want them to fall off or whatnot. I drew about 4 or 5 patterns before I settled on these. I did not make the hoodies. I bought them from Gymboree online Thanksgiving Day. They are the sueded microfleece, and are super warm and soft. They were normally $22.50 each, but were on sale for $8.00 each. Plus I had a 20% off coupon, so they ended up being $6.40 each. Yeah I did have to pay shipping, but I got a ton of other stuff that I was going to get anyways so I am not factoring shipping costs into the equation. So total cost was $12.80.



Adelle is modeling them for us. Remember this is a 3 year old in a 7-8 size sweatshirt.











The one in the above pictures has red eyes. This one has yellow eyes. I decided to make them 2 different colors so there wouldnt be any fighting over whos sweatshirt is whos.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They are so cute! Logan needs one! you shop open an online shop!

Courtney said...

THAT IS AMAZING! So, so cute! Your little monster will love it!

Ciara Slider said...

This is the cutest thing ever! i love the sharp teeth! your so stinking talented and creative! i wish i had a 1/3 of your skills!

Kris said...

Absolutely brilliant! My little guy would LOVE that!